- The airport was originally founded in Southeast Rochester.
- 285 acres.
- Owned and operated by the Mayo Foundation.
- Officially dedicated field as ‘Rochester Airport’.
- Rochester Airport Company founded (subsidiary of Mayo Foundation).
- Rochester airport company improved facility.
- Paved runways.
- Acquired 85 additional acres (370 acres).
- Mayo Foundation gave the airport to the city of Rochester because as a private corporation, Mayo wasn’t eligible for Federal Grants.
- Rochester airport Company (Mayo) continued to operate the airport under an operating agreement with the City of Rochester.
- Airport officially named ‘Lobb Field’.
- Airport was moved to its present location and called ‘Rochester Municipal Airport’.
- Rochester Airport company continues to operate the airport under an operating agreement with the city of Rochester.
- Renamed Rochester International Airport with addition of U.S. Customs.
- Approximately 2,300 acres.
- 2 major air carriers with scheduled daily service (American Eagle and Delta).
- Allegiant Air with scheduled service two times per week.
- 1 major cargo carrier with scheduled services.
- Continued growth with on airport development.
- The Rochester Airport Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mayo Clinic – Rochester, continues to operate the airport for the City of Rochester.
This entry was posted on Monday, April 14th, 2014 at 5:04 am and is filed under About RST. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.